The Building Material Estimator will assist customers and contractors with any lumber project needs.
- Assist customers and contractors by providing quotes and product dimension information, both in person and over the phone. Handles special orders and advanced pricing.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints and scheduling of deliveries and installations, and providing customer follow-ups.
- Knowledge of construction in residential and commercial framing along with other building materials such as windows, doors, interior and exterior mill-work, and trusses.
- Able to work independently and with outside sales representative to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Initiate telephone calls to customers to generate sales to achieve a projected sales goal.
- Ability to read blue prints and technical documents to prepare estimates.
- Provide accurate cost estimates for projects presented.
- Code and input customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system.
- Create accurate and complete invoices, work orders, and sales tickets.
- Research credits, returns, and late payments as needed.
- Order correct product from manufacture for customers.
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers.
- Pricing knowledge of lumber and other materials.
- Able to work independently and with outside reps.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Decision Making.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position will mostly be indoors at our store but occasionally may have to travel on location.
- Ability to process information/merchandise through system and POS Register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and guests.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move or transfer merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0 – 50 pounds.
Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; read, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work can be between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED diploma or one to three years of related experience or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the construction industry preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of experience in material estimating preferred but not required.
Gillman Home Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.